Peach Dumplings. Roll each peach slice in a crescent roll. Crescent Roll Peach Dumplings are one of the best Southern dessert recipes. Fresh peaches combined with brown sugar and cinnamon is a match made in heaven!
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! My dad made the best peach dumplings. Each peach was wrapped in homemade potato dough and dropped into boiling water to cook. You can cook Peach Dumplings using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Dumplings
- Prepare 1 can of crescent rolls.
- You need 1 can of peach halves.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter (melted).
- It’s 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
My dad used to make the best Peach Dumplings. Peach Dumplings are made with either fresh or canned peaches wrapped in a flaky canned crescent roll dough and baked until brown and bubbly. This yummy dessert comes together in a flash and requires only the simplest of ingredients. Peach dumplings are a great everyday dessert with ice cream or a drizzle of cream and are a good way to use a bounty of fruit in place of a cobbler.
Peach Dumplings Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 1/3 cup peach juice in 10 inch cast iron skillet and place in oven (no more then 10 minutes)..
- Cut peach halves in half. Mix sugar and cinnamon in 1/2 cup butter..
- Unroll crescent rolls and roll each peach portion in a crescent roll..
- Remove cast iron skillet from oven and place dumplings in skillet with hot peach juice. Pour remaining peach juice over dumplings. Pour butter, cinnamon and sugar mixture over dumplings. Cook for 30 minutes..
While the peaches are cooking, prepare the dumpling dough. Sift the flour in a medium or large Cook until the dumplings look translucent and start to settle into the juice and the juice thickens. Classic peach dumplings made easy with crescent roll dough. They're filled with ripe, juicy peaches and topped with a crunchy cinnamon sugar. The Peach Dumplings turned out terrific.