Peach Upside-down Cake.
You can cook Peach Upside-down Cake using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peach Upside-down Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of peach brandy.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/3 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- It’s 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of pecans.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of peach brandy.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of peaches.
- You need As needed of pecans.
Peach Upside-down Cake Preparation
- Heat a 8-9 inch cast iron skillet. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray skillet with nonstick spray or grease with butter..
- Get the butter at room temperature. Mix the cake ingredients together form a batter..
- To make the topping Melt the butter with the sugar and peach brandy, heat gently in a saucepan, until the butter is melted..
- Peel and cut the peaches in half. To cut in half, take a knife to the center where the pit is. Score around the center and carefully separate..
- Remove the pit. Carefully remove the rough area that holds the pit..
- Cut into rings the peaches. Line the bottom of the skillet. Put a pecan half in the center of each peach ring. Pour the butter mixture into the bottom of the skillet..
- Carefully spoon the batter mixture over the top of the butter mixture..
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes test the cake for doneness..
- Let rest 1 minute, place a flat plate, or platter over skillet. Turn upside down and remove the skillet..
- If any peaches came off, remove from skillet and replace on the cake top..
- Serve warm or chilled I hope you enjoy!!!.
- NOTE: I sprayed the plate with nonstick spray that I transferred the cake onto. I stored in the refrigerator with aluminium foil on it so I also spayed the foil with the nonstick spray..