Beans and sweet potato porridge. In this video i am showing you the fastest quickest way to make Nigerian recipe style of bean with sweet potatoes porridge. This warming Korean porridge is a celebration of fall produce, and is loaded with winter squash, chestnuts, sweet potatoes, jujubes, and beans. The squash traditionally used is a large, old one called neulgeun hobak in Korean, but it can be difficult to find; butternut squash works well as a substitute.
With the weather heating up, I've had a This time of year, I like eating the porridge cold – I allow the roasted sweet potato to cool all the way in the refrigerator before mashing and mixing it with. These roasted sweet potato tacos feature spicy black beans and avocado-pepita dip. This hearty taco recipe features spicy roasted sweet potatoes, black beans for protein, and a pretty spectacular avocado spread made with freshly toasted pepitas for texture and savory notes. You can have Beans and sweet potato porridge using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beans and sweet potato porridge
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of red cowpea (or black eyed pea).
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground shrimp.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare 5 of small sweet potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of palm oil (or 5 diced medium tomatoes).
- You need 1 1/2-2 cups of water.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
Mashed sweet potatoes, black beans, and Cheddar cheese are sandwiched between two tortillas for a tasty vegetarian appetizer that even meat-eaters will like. Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas packed with flavor and topped with an amazing avocado lime sauce. For a quick and satisfying last-minute supper, it's hard to beat a sweet potato zapped in the microwave. The fragrant filling of beans and tomato adds protein, making it a nutritionally complete entree.
Beans and sweet potato porridge instructions
- Wash and cook the beans in a pressure pot..
- Peel, wash and cut the sweet potatoes into small chunks, then put in a pot with water and bring to a boil..
- Transfer the cooked beans to a cooking pot and set on fire. Add the boiled sweet potatoes, chopped onion, dried shrimp,salt, pepper and the water. Stir until they’re well incorporated, then add the palm oil and stir..
- If cooking with fresh tomatoes, repeat step 3. Cover pot and allow to boil for about 10 minutes. Then add the chopped spinach, stir, cover and allow to simmer for 2 minutes..
I have been so busy with tasks related to my Healthy Eating Cookbook Lose It Nigerian that I feel like I haven't Can you believe I don't have a plantain pottage recipe on the blog? I do find it extremely shocking myself. I do have several porrage (porridge). Unlike Mashed Potatoes, Potato Porridge is more forgiving with respect to the type of potatoes that would work perfectly. Russet, Idaho or Irish, Yukon, etc.