Vegan Bruschetta. The only thing that would make a bruschetta not vegan would be if the bread wasn't vegan. And bread is very often vegan. Especially breads like a French baguette or a ciabatta, these breads are almost always vegan.
You can make them at home and serve at any gathering as a delicious and fresh easy vegan appetizers. They also make a great healthy snack recipe as well as finger food at a party (think girls night or cocktail party). Easy and flavorful homemade Vegan Bruschetta made with crunchy baguette, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and salty kalamata olives. You can cook Vegan Bruschetta using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Bruschetta
- Prepare 3 of brown bread slices.
- Prepare 1 of chopped green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped ginger-garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of boiled green peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled & shredded purple cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of chopped red capsicum.
- You need 2 of chopped baby corns.
- You need 1 cup of chopped cucumber.
- It’s 1 cup of boiled broccoli florets.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 of cheese cube (grated).
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of butter.
- You need to taste of Salt.
A vibrant and simple appetizer that is perfect to serve when loved ones come to visit! This easy vegan bruschetta is made with fresh tomatoes and basil and drizzled with olive oil. You won't miss having cheese on your bruschetta if you use fresh red ripe tomatoes and flavorful basil. It is best if you grow your own tomatoes or can buy them in season at a farmers market since a ripe seasonal tomato is unsurpassed for taste.
Vegan Bruschetta Preparation
- Apply butter on both the sides of the bread slices and roast them till they are crisp. Keep aside..
- For the topping, melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add 1 chopped green chilli, 1 tbsp chopped ginger-garlic, 1 tbsp chopped tomatoes and saute. Let the tomatoes turn soft..
- Add 1 cup boiled green peas, 1 cup boiled & shredded purple cabbage, 1 cup boiled broccoli florets, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 2 chopped baby corns, 1 cup chopped red capsicum. Cover for 3-4 minutes & let the veggies steam..
- Add 1 tsp sugar, salt as per taste, 1 tsp red chilli flakes, 1 tbsp grated cheese. Let it remain on gas with covered lid for 1-2 minutes. Remove and let the topping cool..
- Place the 3 toasted bread slices on a baking tray and spread the topping all over. Add some cheese over it..
- Let the slices bake at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot with a mayo dip made by combining 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp red chilli flakes, and 1 tsp sugar. You can even cut it in triangles or squares for easy bite size pieces..
This is the first savory recipe of our healthy vegan breakfast recipes series. The recipe is incredibly simple, but is soooo good. We used whole wheat seed bread, but feel free to use your favorite one. The vegan bruschetta pasta is slightly spicy from the garlic. Slightly sweet from the tomatoes and slightly tangy from the vinegar.