Lemon Sugar Cookies.
You can cook Lemon Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 stick of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar, separated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of Zest of 2 small/medium lemons.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Lemon Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and 3/4c sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3-4 minutes or so). Add egg, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined..
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat just until combined–do not over mix. Roll cookie dough into about 1 1/2 inch balls and roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar (add sugar into a small bowl first.) and place about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking pan..
- Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool before eating..
- Store in an air tight container or freeze. (They never last long in my glass cookie jar lol!).