You can have Aloo(Potato) parata using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aloo(Potato) parata
- You need of medium sized potatoes(boiled and grated/smashed).
- You need of medium sized onion finely chopped.
- It’s of string of curry leaves.
- You need of coriander powder.
- Prepare of red chilly powder.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- You need of garam masala powder.
- You need of dry mango powder.
- Prepare of Kasuri methi(optional).
- Prepare of cilantro/coriander leaves.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of cooking oil.
- It’s of Roti/chapati dough.
- Prepare of 2 cups of wheat flour.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Water to mix and make a soft dough.
Aloo(Potato) parata step by step
- Take a deep pan heat up, once the pan is hot add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add onion, chopped curry leaves and sauté for 5 minutes/golden brown on medium flame.
- Then add all the masala powders mentioned above and sauté for 3-4 minutes and add kasuri methi (optional) mix and then turn off the flame.
- Once the pan is cooled then add smashed/grated potatoes to it and mix properly then add finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves.
- To make parata.
- Take a lemon sized roti dough roll a bit round and take small lemon sized aloo mix stuff in the rolled roti dough.
- Roll the stuffed aloo mix with the help of dry wheat flour dust to a normal size roti.
- Heat up the tawa once the tawa is hot place a rolled aloo parata add a 1/4 teaspoon of oil/ghee and flip another side and cook properly on both sides.
- Serve aloo parata with pickle/curd.