Smoky sweet potato wedges & sriracha mayonnaise. This quick and easy side dish of sweet potato wedges is sprinkled with smoked paprika and drizzled with olive oil. Homemade potato wedges are a great recipe for kids. With just a splash of oil and a pinch of seasoning and spice, you can turn the humble potato into a delicious potato side dish.
Slice in half, then into wedges. Toss wedges in olive oil and seasonings. Place on a baking sheet, skin side down. You can make Smoky sweet potato wedges & sriracha mayonnaise using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoky sweet potato wedges & sriracha mayonnaise
- It’s 3 of Sweet potatoes Average.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of sriracha Squirt.
- You need 5 tsps of Mayo.
These Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes are just one idea that I've had up my sleeve… The cooking time for these Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes will vary slightly depending on the size and thickness of your sweet potatoes, so use my recommendations as a guide. Sweet Potato Wedges are CRISPY on the outside, soft and caramelized inside and coated with sweet and spicy flavours. It's been a long mission to make super crispy sweet potato wedges with the perfect crunch. Mix the spices and salt together in a bowl with the olive oil, then add the potatoes and toss well to coat thoroughly.
Smoky sweet potato wedges & sriracha mayonnaise Step by step
- 1) Before you begin slicing & spicing your sweet potatoes heat your oven to 200ºC.
- Sliced sweet potatoes.
- 1) Slice your sweet potatoes into semi regular shapes of the same size, they don’t have to be exactly the same but by making them the same size you’ll ensure they cook at the same rate..
- Spiced sweet potatoes.
- 4) Throw your wedges into a mixing bowl and add the olive oil, paprika, cumin, chilli powder and salt..
- Mixed spice sweet potatoes.
- 5) mix the ingredients around until the wedges are completely coated..
- Pre baked sweet potato wedges.
- 6) Lay the wedges out onto parchment paper – this is the secret to the perfect potato wedge and will ensure they get crispy. Make sure they’re not touching each other as well. Put them into your preheated oven and bake them for 30 -40 minutes depending on how full the oven is. DO NOT CHECK THEM! as this will cool the oven and make them take even longer..
- Baked sweet potato wedges.
- 7) Remove your wedges from the oven with a tea towel / oven glove and then leave to sit on the side and cool (They get crispier when they’re not piping hot).
- Sriracha mayonnaise.
- 8) Take this time to prepare some spicy srriarcha mayonnaise by mixing a squirt of srriarcha with 5 tsp of mayonnaise.
- Sweet potato wedges & sriracha mayonnaise.
- 8) Plate up and enjoy your smoky sweet potato wedges!.
Tip out onto a flat oven tray and. Sweet potatoes are such a versatile vegetable. If you are after well-seasoned oven roasted sweet potato wedges, this is the way to go. Don't be tempted seasoning the potatoes after you have transferred them onto a baking tray. Wash the potatoes well, then pat them dry.