You can have Moi moi using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moi moi
- It’s 1.5 cups of black eyed peas.
- Prepare 1/2 of large bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of scotch bonnet.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/2 of large onion I used a red onion.
- You need 3 tsp of bouillon.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt or salt to taste 1/4 – 1/2 cup hot boiling water.
- You need of Palm oil.
- It’s of Yaji.
Moi moi instructions
- Moi moi (also called moin moin) is a delicious, savory steamed bean pudding made commonly in Nigeria from a mixture of blended black eyed peas or beans, peppers, onions, and spices..
- After the beans have soaked, drain the water that they have been soaking in, and rinse the beans one more time..
- Blend the beans with 1 cup of water, the bell pepper, scotch bonnet peppers, onions and bouillon..
- Place the blended beans in a bowl, mix in the oil and salt thoroughly then thin out the mixture with the hot water until it resembles the texture of a light cake batter (you may need less than 1/2 a cup of hot water, just make sure the texture is like a light cake batter)..
- In a deep pot with a properly fitted pot cover, and pour boiling water into the pot till it is about 1 inch deep. Place the ramekins into the pot, The hot water should not be more than half way up the ramekin..
- Depending on how wide your pot is, you may need to layer the ramekins in the pot..
- Cover the pot, and allow it to steam on low heat for 50 minutes.After 50 minutes, check the the Moi moi. Just like a cake, a skewer inserted into the middle of it should come out clean. If t doesn’t allow it to continue steaming for another 10 minutes..
- Allow the Moi moi to sit for 5 minutes then serve warm in the ramekin or unmolded. Serve with palmoi and yaji..