Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics. Bruschetta is one of those foods that are so fundamentally simple that there's no hope of hiding mediocre ingredients behind technique or presentation. Mix in basil, olive oil, and wine vinegar to taste. A pinch of sugar can help hit the perfect sweet-tart balance.
This easy Tomato Basil Bruschetta presents as super impressive! This tomato basil bruschetta is a great dish to serve at a party or to bring to a picnic. Just toast the bread beforehand, pack up some sliced mozzarella and put. You can create Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics
- You need of I french baguette, sliced.
- Prepare of Olive or rapeseed oil (or similar) I have a spray but if you don’t you could dab with a pastry brush.
- It’s 1 pinch of sea salt.
- You need A few of cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 handful of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 handful of Basil.
- You need 1 of mild red chilli.
This Tomato Bruschetta is perfect if you're following a calorie controlled diet, and fits well with any one of the major diet plans such as Weight Watchers. The way Julie fries the bread in olive oil and butter before topping it with fresh I mean, I swoon just thinking about it. It's an easy lunch recipe, perfect as a casual appetizer and the perfect way to celebrate in-season tomatoes. This Bruschetta Chicken recipe is perfect for a light dinner or lunch, especially in the summer when tomatoes are at their peak!
Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics Step by step
- Slice french baguette into slices about 1 centimetre across and very lightly spray with oil. Bake in the oven on a very low temperature until crunchy. I’m lucky and I’ve just bought a new oven which goes below 50c, but if yours doesn’t, turn the oven off as soon as the bread starts to colour and leave for about an hour. I baked mine on a very low heat for around 90 minutes. You could griddle as an alternative if you prefer..
- When the bread is cool, rub with the garlic clove – it will create a paste. Chop the tomatoes and top the bruschetta. Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh basil and chopped chilli. I didn’t this time, but I sometimes add a squeeze of lime..
- The bruschetta will keep for a couple of days in a tin. I’ve made loads so I’ll be adding some alternative plant- based toppings soon, feel free to follow me if you would like to see them..
This changed when I was at a picnic and had a taste of my friend's bruschetta. I asked my friend what on earth he put in this bruschetta. Tomato Bruschetta is one of those gems that proves you can make incredible food in minutes with a few simple, great quality ingredients. Bruschetta is one of those foods that's impossible to eat elegantly. When you gorge on a crunchy piece of bread that's.