Bruschetta. Browse Our Fast & Easy Appetizers Recipes Collection. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. Balsamic vinegar adds a delicious zip to easy bruschetta.
In a large bowl, mix the onions, tomatoes, garlic and basil, taking care not to mash or break up the tomatoes too much. Add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Ah bruschetta, one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. You can have Bruschetta using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bruschetta
- It’s 3 of salad tomatoes.
- You need 1/3 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 4 slices of bread/sourdough.
- It’s A few of basil leaves.
Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. Think of it as summer on toast! In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bruschetta is a fresh, simple and delicious Italian appetizer that can be prepared in minutes and enjoyed any time of the year.
- Pulse the red onion and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped..
- Add the tomatoes to the processor and pulse until roughly chopped..
- Add basil leaves. You may need to decant some of the tomatoes as I only have a small food processor! Then add a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar..
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides under the grill..
- Assemble your bruschetta and enjoy!.
In its simplest Italian form, bruschetta requires that bread be toasted over real coals, then rubbed down with slices of raw garlic, drizzled with olive oil and finished with a little bit of sea salt and fresh pepper. Variations evolved to further incorporate things. Bruschetta (/ b r uː ˈ s k ɛ t ə /, / b r uː ˈ ʃ ɛ t ə /, Italian pronunciation: [bruˈsketta] ()) is an antipasto (starter dish) from Italy consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. Variations may include toppings of tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, or cheese. A popular dish is bruschetta with tomatoes; one recipe popular outside Italy.