Black Eyed Peas and Hog Jowls.
You can have Black Eyed Peas and Hog Jowls using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Eyed Peas and Hog Jowls
- You need 2 pounds of dried black eyed peas.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 gallon of water.
- It’s 1-1/3 pound of smoked hog jowls.
Black Eyed Peas and Hog Jowls step by step
- Wash the peas.
- Remove any bad ones and any stones.
- Rinse the hog jowls.
- Slice and chop the hog jowls.
- Add the water, hog jowls, and peas to a big pot. Bring to a boil and cover cooking for 1 hour stirring occasionally..
- Try a pea if soft add sugar and salt stir well and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.