You can cook Gingerbread cookies using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 3/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Filling:.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of milk (or more).
Gingerbread cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1 /2 inch balls, Then roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool..
- Filling: place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add more milk as needed. Frost cookies (once cooled off,) and enjoy!🙂.