Bruschetta. Browse Our Fast & Easy Appetizers Recipes Collection. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. Balsamic vinegar adds a delicious zip to easy bruschetta.
In a large bowl, mix the onions, tomatoes, garlic and basil, taking care not to mash or break up the tomatoes too much. Add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Ah bruschetta, one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. You can create Bruschetta using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bruschetta
- It’s 1 of French Baguette.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1 of Handfull Fresh Basil.
Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. Think of it as summer on toast! In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bruschetta is a fresh, simple and delicious Italian appetizer that can be prepared in minutes and enjoyed any time of the year.
Bruschetta Step by step
- Preheat grill or turn on toaster..
- Chop tomatoes, chunky is best. Also, you'll find using a bread knife makes cutting tomatoes so much easier..
- Finely chop onions and mince garlic..
- Shred fresh basil leaves..
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with one tbsp olive oil..
- Slice french baguette, toast to desired crunchyness, and you're ready to go!.
In its simplest Italian form, bruschetta requires that bread be toasted over real coals, then rubbed down with slices of raw garlic, drizzled with olive oil and finished with a little bit of sea salt and fresh pepper. Variations evolved to further incorporate things. Bruschetta (/ b r uː ˈ s k ɛ t ə /, / b r uː ˈ ʃ ɛ t ə /, Italian pronunciation: [bruˈsketta] ()) is an antipasto (starter dish) from Italy consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. Variations may include toppings of tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, or cheese. A popular dish is bruschetta with tomatoes; one recipe popular outside Italy.