Spinach & Prosciutto Bruschetta. Overview Information Spinach is a vegetable. The leaves are used for food and to make medicine. As a medicine, spinach is used to treat stomach and intestinal (gastrointestinal, GI) complaints and.
Spinach salads, dips, quiches, casseroles, and sides. Get tons of top recipes starring this sensational super food.. When grown in hot weather, spinach tends to "bolt"—in other words, it will spend all of its energy quickly producing flowers and seeds, rather than the tender, edible leaves. You can make Spinach & Prosciutto Bruschetta using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach & Prosciutto Bruschetta
- You need 3/4 cup of sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Angel tomatoes, split lengthwise and laterally.
- Prepare 1 of extra virgin olive oil, for frying an to coat bread.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 cup of baby spinach.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- You need 2 loaf of french loaf.
- It’s 6 slice of prosciutto.
- You need 1 of dressing with roasted garlic in the title, enough to garnish the plate.
Spinach is notoriously nutritious and delicious too, so we've gathered our most-popular spinach recipes to round out your repertoire. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is a leafy green flowering plant native to central and western Asia. It is of the order Caryophyllales, family Amaranthaceae, subfamily Chenopodioideae. Its leaves are a common edible vegetable consumed either fresh, or after storage using preservation techniques by canning, freezing, or dehydration.
Spinach & Prosciutto Bruschetta Preparation
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F..
- Cut your bread in thick, diagonal slices..
- Put some EVOO in a small dish, add some minced garlic, and use a basting brush to coat both sides of the bread. Set aside..
- Most sweet onions I find in the store are pretty big so I only used 1/4 of one…it was the perfect amount. Anyway, dice the onion and add to a pan coated with EVOO..
- Sauté the onions until they grow translucent..
- Cut the tomatoes up. This felt like it took a friggin long time to me, so be patient…it'll be worth it..
- Dice the parsley..
- Cut the prosciutto into small pieces and keep them separate… they will tend to stick together and "keep it in the family". Not in a West Virginia type of way, just in a nose-in-the-air "you're not good enough to hang out with us" type of way. Snobs. What was I saying? Oh yeah, make sure the snobby pieces of pig butt get mixed in with everything else when cooking..
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, the prosciutto, and some more EVOO to the pan..
- Add the bread to your oven and bake until the crust gets crispy. Flip as necessary to get an even toasting. Remember that really perfectly golden toast mom would make when you were a kid an it'd compliment your fluffy eggs she just made you so perfectly? That's the kind of doneness you not on this…not the toast that dad would make…completely black and could be used as a weapon if you found yourself in a fight with rabid ninja bunnies. Oh sure they look cute, but let this freaks get close to you with a katana and see what happens….
- Sauté bruschetta until the spinach has wilted, ensuring you've tossed the mixture several times to mix and heat evenly..
- Break out the plates..
- Add the roasted garlic to two spots on a plate and top with two pieces of bread. Oh crap, the bread!.
- remove the bread from the oven. Avoid harsh language and explain to the kids in the room daddy just got a little upset and to return to their twirling in circles until they fall down activity. Assure them everything is fine..
- Do the second part of two directions ago..
- Kill the heat on the sauté pan and toss one last time..
- Top the bread with the sautéed mixture and serve, further cementing your position as greatest man in the world to your daughter..
It may be eaten cooked or raw, and the taste differs considerably. Spinach is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, including ():Vitamin A. Spinach is high in carotenoids, which your body can turn into vitamin A. And the flavorful spinach sauce adds a pretty green accent to the pink salmon. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. These quick and easy turnovers are a favorite with my wife.