LuBella's Sicilian Tomato Bruschetta. Should Bruschetta be Served Warm or Cold? What makes all the difference is that toasted crunch of the outer bread and chewy insides as you bite down on the refreshing antipasto. This appetizer is best served freshly toasted while the tomato portion can be room temperature or refrigerated.
This recipe focuses on bruschetta with tomatoes, but get creative with your own inventions or try some of the others I listed above for a fun appetizer! This appetizer or side dish makes a crispy complement to any Italian entree. I just started with my grandmother's bruschetta recipe and added fresh tomatoes! You can cook LuBella's Sicilian Tomato Bruschetta using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of LuBella's Sicilian Tomato Bruschetta
- It’s of Sicilian Italian.
- It’s 1 of large Dough.
- You need 2 of Roma Tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of Mozzerella.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic Chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 slice of Chopped Fresh Basil.
It's one of the yummiest bruschetta recipes I've found. —Jean Franzoni, Rutland, Vermont. Bruschetta, on slices of toasted baguette garnished with basil. Bruschetta bread with basil and chopped tomatoes. Photo: Lisa Romerein; Styling: Rori Trovato.
LuBella's Sicilian Tomato Bruschetta Instructions
- Preheat Oven 500.
- 1 Med size baking tray.
- Mix Mozzerella,Tomatoes,Garlic,Olive Oil & Basil in a bowl.
- Stretch dough into tray evenly.
- Lift corners over tray and pinch.
- Press dough along edge of tray to make crust.
- Mix some pizza sauce & water in a bowl and pour 2 scoops onto dough to keep moist let rise for 1 hour.
- Add pizza sauce spread evenly and bruschetta mix on top of sauce.
- Bake in oven after 10 minutes turn and lower heat to 400.
- When crust is golden brown pizza is ready.
Caponata, a sweet, tangy Sicilian eggplant-pepper relish, tastes downright addictive spooned over toasts with mild, creamy ricotta cheese. Use a paring knife to core a tomato: Insert tip next to stem, and then make a shallow cut all around; remove stem. Grilled Tomato Bruschetta. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. When fresh tomatoes are out of season, this should be your go-to bruschetta recipe. By gently oven-roasting canned tomatoes (which are packed when truly ripe), you end up with a deeply flavored, jammy, and delicious topping.