Taisen's cheese bruschetta. Great recipe for Taisen's cheese bruschetta. I didn't have much here to really work with to make myself something other then a light snack. I also didn't have fresh basil or garlic cloves.
You can make Taisen's cheese bruschetta using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here you go how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taisen's cheese bruschetta
- It’s 4 slice of of french bread.
- You need 1 medium of tomato diced.
- It’s 1 small of red onion diced.
- It’s 1 cup of mozzarella cheese ( more or less depending on how you like it ).
- Prepare 1 of extra virgin olive oil to coat the bread slices.
- You need 1 of garlic powder to your taste.
- It’s 1 of fresh basil if you have it on hand. if not, dried basil works as well.
- You need 1 of salt if desired to your taste.
- It’s 1 of a very small sprinkle of pepper if desired. you can add more or not at all.
Taisen's cheese bruschetta Instructions
- Slice up your french bread into desired thickness.
- Dice your tomatoes and onion. I diced the onion smaller then the tomatoes.
- Pre heat the oven to 350. You can also go down to 325 or 300 if you want it to sit longer without burning the bottom..
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or you can just use some non stick spray or olive oil..
- Put olive oil onto a small plate. Take one slice of bread and lay it on the oil. Move the bread around a bit to completely cover it with oil and then flip it over and do the same with the other side. Place your bread slice on another plate or on the cookie sheet..
- Spinkle your garlic powder, salt and pepper if using those and your basil on top of the sliced bread..
- Take a spoon or your fingers and put the onions on top of the bread, then the tomatoes. If you haven't put them on the cookie sheet go ahead and do so now. Sprinkle a bit more basil on top and salt and pepper if you like. (you can also do the cheese first and then the toppings. I didn't because I didn't really care about the look to much, but if you want the tomatoes and basil to stand out more and have it look nicer I would say have those on top of the cheese but be careful not to over cook the cheese).
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes. Take it out, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and bake until the cheese melts..
- Pull them out,move to a plate. Eat them as is or to make them a bit more pretty you can add fresh or dried basil on top of the cheese. Enjoy !.