Tomato and Basil Bruschetta. Chopped fresh tomatoes with garlic, basil, olive oil, and vinegar, served on toasted slices of French or Italian bread. Ah bruschetta, one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened.
It's then topped with a heavenly diced tomato medley. Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil. When combined slowly drizzle in oil. You can create Tomato and Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- You need 7 of Small tomatoes (bigger than a cherry tomato).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Basil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil (you can use healthier oil).
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of French baguette.
- Prepare 1 of Grated cheddar cheese.
Real Tomato and Basil Bruschetta, made the way Italians make it. Juicy tomatoes, crusty bread, good olive oil & basil is all you need! Tomato Basil Bruschetta. featured in Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Dinner For Two. How to make fresh homemade bruschetta with tomatoes and basil.
Tomato and Basil Bruschetta Step by step
- Dice tomatoes and put on a bowl. Chop basil in bits. Add to the bowl..
- Finely cut garlic and then add to the bowl. Add the onion as well..
- Add the oil and seasonings. Mix well and then set aside..
- Cut the baguette into almost 1in sideways so that you can put more of the mixture..
- Toast the sliced bread until golden brown and then spoon the mixture on top. You can sprinkle cheese if you want because I want mine with cheese..
- Eat it while it's hot! Some like it cold. If so, refrigirate for a few hours. Enjoy!.
See the easy recipe plus five easy tips for how to make it best. This simple bruschetta recipe with tomato and fresh basil is best when you use fresh, room temperature tomatoes. It's also important to set aside a little time to allow. Thinly slice basil into green confetti and loosely combine with tomatoes. Add a drizzle of oil and a little coarse salt to the bowl and gently toss tomatoes and basil to coat.