Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots).
You can cook Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots)
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen peas (or peas and carrots).
- You need 1/4 cup of + 1 tbs water – divided.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of white sugar (or honey).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of cornstarch.
Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots) instructions
- Place veggies and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Continue to simmer, covered, about 2 minutes..
- Add milk and heat back up to almost simmering. Stir 2 tsp cornstarch and last tbs water together in a small bowl. Slowly pour into saucepan, stirring constantly..
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. If sauce seems too thin stir an additional tsp cornstarch into a little more water and mix in. Serve hot and enjoy!.