Spiced Black eyed peas.
You can cook Spiced Black eyed peas using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Black eyed peas
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Black eyed peas -.
- It’s 1 of Onion – chopped.
- Prepare 3 of Tomatoes – medium diced.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fennel seeds -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam masala -.
- Prepare pinch of Turmeric powder – a.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli powder -.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Cilantro to garnish.
Spiced Black eyed peas instructions
- Saute the cumin and fennel seeds in some oil. When the flavour from the seeds infuses with the oil, add the onions and the ginger and garlic pastes and saute until the onions are soft, then add the beans.
- Next add the spice powders: garam masala, turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute for a minute. Add the tomatoes, salt and some water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 mins or until the peas are soft.
- If the gravy is not thick enough, mash some of the peas to make it thick. Garnish and serve!.
- Goes well with some steamed rice or rotis.