Lobia/Black Eyed Pea Curry.
You can cook Lobia/Black Eyed Pea Curry using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lobia/Black Eyed Pea Curry
- Prepare 1 cup of Black Eyed Pea Lobia / [ Washed and soaked overnight …..
- Prepare 2 – 1/2 Cups of water …..
- It’s 1 of tomato … . Plump [ Chopped.
- You need 1 of Onion …. Medium [ Chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Green Chilli …. [ Finely Chopped.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Turmeric Powder … ..
- You need 1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic paste … ..
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Chilly Red Powder … ..
- It’s of Salt ..
- Prepare pinch of asafoetida Hing /.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Cumin Seeds … ..
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Oil … ..
Lobia/Black Eyed Pea Curry step by step
- Boil the pre-soaked lentil in a pressure cooker with 2 cup water. 2 whistles on high flame and 2 whistles on low flame. Dont open until the steam has escaped..
- In a pan, heat oil. Add the hing, cumin and green chilly..
- Add the onions and sweat them..
- Now put in the tomatoes. Add a few tbsp water, reduce the flame to medium. Cover the lid and let it cook until the fat comes up [oil in this case..
- Add all the masala(s) and cook for 20 sec..
- Now add the lobia with the water it was cooked in..
- Cook it covered with a lid on medium flame for 5-7 min..
- Remove lid and let the water reduce to the level you like..
- Serve hot with chapati/bhakri/paratha..