Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. These Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are my new favorite thing, I'm not even kidding. Portobello mushrooms make a great low carb dinner base. How do you make Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms?
These Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are hearty enough for a full meal! I am absolutely in love with the stuffing for these Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. It has a lot of my favorite herbs and spices (like basil and fennel seed), one of my favorite cheeses (Parmesan), the perfect. You can create Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- You need 4 of LG Portobello Mushrooms [reserve stems].
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of Bag Pre-cooked Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles [use half or all].
- Prepare of as needed Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Fine Chopped Onions.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Assorted Bell Peppers [fine chop].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sliced Celery [fine chop].
- It’s 1 tbs of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Spinach [shredded].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Chopped Parsley [+ reserves for garnish].
- It’s 1 tbs of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Thyme & Salt & Pepper [to taste].
- Prepare 1 (8 4/5 oz) of Uncle Bens White Or Brown Rice Cups [heat for 1 minute – use 1 1/2 or all].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs [+ reserves for topping].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 2 packets of McCormick Pork Gravy.
These Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms go so fast you might want to make a double batch. This is our take on the classic stuffed portobello mushrooms. Cream cheese, bacon, and spinach make a classic combo while tomatoes add a. Easy Keto Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe – This Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms recipe is an easy, healthy dinner!
Mike's EZ Sausage Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Step by step
- Gently wipe mushrooms to clean with a damp paper towel. Don't rinse them tho. They'll absorb every bit of fluid you put on them..
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Pull stems and fine chop them..
- Gently clean out the fine black inner fibers with a spoon. Rub a small amount of olive oil oil on the tops of your mushrooms..
- Chop all of your vegetables and add to a pan with a few tablespoons oil. Add your seasonings, rice, sausage and mushrooms as well. Add chicken broth as needed. Cover and fry until vegetables are translucent..
- Transfer mixture to bowl and add all bread crumbs and cheeses, except for parmesan. Mix well while mixture is piping hot..
- Pack sausage rice mixture into all 4 mushrooms tightly..
- Add parmesan cheese to the tops and coat with bread crumbs. Spray tops with Pam to crisp up your crumbs..
- Make your pork gravy. Powdered or jarred. McCormick is a great powdered brand and a real timer saver. It usually requires 1 cup water per packet. But, I add only 3/4 cup for a thicker gravy on this specific dish. Whisk gravy constantly until bubbling and thickened..
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Or, until tops are crispy and golden brown..
- Lightly drizzle thick pork gravy over your crusty Portobello tops. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot. Enjoy!.
Spinach stuffed portobello mushrooms are delicious and so pretty. They work well as an appetizer, or serve them as a tasty side dish. Stuffed portobello mushrooms are delicious and so very pretty. And surprisingly, they're not that difficult to make! So I like to make them for guests, but I also make.