Easy Black Eyed Peas with Rice.
You can cook Easy Black Eyed Peas with Rice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Black Eyed Peas with Rice
- You need 200 grams of Pork belly or bacon.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion, minced.
- Prepare 1 of Celery, minced.
- It’s 2 of japanese small sized, 1/2 american large sized Green bell pepper, minced.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 200 grams of Black eyed peas.
- It’s 500 ml of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried thyme, or Italian Seasonin.
- It’s 2 of Green onions.
- Prepare 1 dash of each Salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of as much (to taste) Plain cooked rice.
Easy Black Eyed Peas with Rice instructions
- Soak the beans overnight in plenty of water. The following day, wash and drain them well. Mince the vegetables and cut the meat into 1 cm cubes..
- Heat oil in a pot and cook the pork over medium heat. If using bacon, cook for about 2 minutes. If using thick pork belly, cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic to the pot and stir well until the onion becomes transparent (3-4 minutes)..
- Add the beans, chicken stock, bay leaf, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring it to a boil. Refer to Helpful Hints..
- Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 40 minutes. Simmer until the beans become tender. If necessary, add more water midway through. Adjust with salt and pepper to taste..
- Place the rice in a soup bowl. Frozen rice that has been heated is fine..
- Pour the beans and soup over the rice and garnish with chopped green onions to finish!.