Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless).
You can make Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless)
- It’s 5 oz of package garlic & butter flavored croutons ( or make your own).
- Prepare 5 of -6 poblano peppers (depends on size, if larger 5 if smaller 6.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable broth (or any kind of broth u prefer).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter or margarine ( melted).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Jarred minced garlic.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheese ( I used 6 cheese Italian but cheddar or Swiss works great too).
- It’s 2 of -3 plum tomatoes, 1/2" thick sliced ( amount depends on how many pablanos you use).
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter or margarine, melted.
- You need 8 oz of mushrooms, chopped into bite sized pieces (I used canned).
Garlic Mushroom Stuffed Poblano Peppers (meatless) Instructions
- preheat oven to 350°.
- wash poblano peppers, lay them on their sides and cut a triangle shape on the front.so now it looks like a boat.. pop out stem stem and remove all seeds and guts. arrange on a cookie sheet..
- in a bowl place croutons, broth, the 1/4 c butter and the minced garlic..
- toss croutons to coat, let sit for a few minutes and toss again.. keep doing so until the croutons are soggy and had soaked up most of the liquids..
- chop the pieces you cut out into small dices, toss into Crouton mix. then add mushrooms and salt and pepper.. toss to coat well..
- in a small skillet add 2 tbl butter and the onion ( season with more garlic if you like allot of garlic) . saute until they are starting to get soft, remove from heat and add to Crouton mix ( if using fresh mushrooms saute them in this step before adding to crouton mix).
- now stuff you're peppers with the crouton mix. make sure you get all the way to the bottom..
- lay slices if the tomatoes across the top of the peppers to cover your crouton mix..
- bake for 30 minutes..
- now sprinkle on the cheese to cover your peppers, then bake again until cheese is melted and browned, peppers are soft, and inside is hot,.about 10 minutes..
- remove from oven and serve!.
- was perfect for a side dish or a meal for those who don't eat meat..