Mushrooms stuffed with a Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade. Starting with this veggie packed dinner of Tuscan Style Stuffed Mushrooms, stuffed with spinach and goats cheese. Tasty enough on their own, but I'm going a few stages further with a Add the reserved mushroom stalks, garlic, oregano, paprika, sun dried tomatoes, red peppers and courgette (zucchini). They're tasty, but the high fat and calorie count make them hard to swallow.
Then pour the sun-dried tomato mixture over the top. Drain the soaked sun-dried tomatoes and place into the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic, basil, parsley and the remaining olive oil. You can make Mushrooms stuffed with a Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushrooms stuffed with a Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade
- You need 6 each of Cremini or Baby Bella Mushrooms.
- It’s 6 each of Fresh Basil leaves.
- It’s 1 each of Fresh ball Mozzarella.
- It’s of Tapenade.
- You need 1/2 dozen of Kalamata Olives, pitted.
- It’s 1/2 dozen of Green or Black Olives (or both), pitted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sun-dried Tomatoes.
- You need 1 each of Garlic Clove.
- You need 1 tbsp of Capers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Oregano.
Repeat with the remaining stuffing mixture, mushrooms and goats' cheese. Brush the mushrooms caps with some of the reserved tomato oil and arrange them, stemmed sides down, on the rack of a broiler pan. Warm shitake mushroom caps are slathered with a generous layer of sun-dried tomato and olive spread, then topped with lightly dressed greens. Tuscan Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms with Garlic, Sun Dried Tomatoes, & Cheese are a fast & easy app with a ton of flavor.
Mushrooms stuffed with a Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade Instructions
- Gently clean any dirt off the mushrooms while carefully removing the stem. Trim the inside edges of the mushroom cap if it's closed so it can be stuffed. Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
- The Tapenade can be easily scaled for larger batches. It's easier to do in a food processor but can be chopped by hand too. Pulse blend or chop all Tapenade ingredients together until desired coarseness..
- With parchment paper on a sheet pan, add oil and salt to the paper and lay the mushrooms on top. Carefully spoon the Tapenade into each cap until full and flatten the top slightly indenting the center..
- Take a piece of Mozzarella small enough to place over each mushroom covering the Tapenade. Bake in 325°F oven for 10-14 minutes depending upon your oven and how well you like the cheese melted..
- Place 1 Basil leaf on each mushroom and serve 2-3 per person depending upon size of mushrooms..
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms with Sundried Tomatoes. Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel. Add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and marinated artichoke hearts. Carefully remove and discard the stems of the mushrooms, then clean with a damp cloth. Fill mushroom cavity with sundried pesto (approx.