You can cook Scottish shortbread using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scottish shortbread
- It’s 2 cup of salted butter (soft).
- You need 1 cup of brown caster sugar.
- It’s 4 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 of tab vanilla essence.
Scottish shortbread step by step
- Have your oven on at 180’ or gas mark 5. Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla essence..
- Add flour and mix it well in the mixing bowl. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick..
- Cut into rectangle shape and place onto a baking tray. Use a fork to press down lightly to make the pattern. Sprinkle with caster sugar..
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack. It’s simply delicious 😋.