Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice.
You can cook Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice
- You need of Rice————.
- Prepare 2 cup of yellow rice.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of ham, ham fat with skin, and bone marrow.
- You need of Black Eyed Peas————-.
- Prepare 1 pound of dried black eyed peas.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of leftover ham shank from a smoked ham.
- Prepare 3 quarts of water +1 pint.
- You need To taste of hot vinegar sauce see my recipe optional.
Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice instructions
- Cook the rice with the cup of ham fat, marrow, and skin..
- Stir occasionally. When the water is absorbed and craters form cover take off the heat and don't disturb for 20 minutes. Don't peek do not lift that lid..
- Add the shank to 3 quarts of water.
- Wash and remove any bad peas and any foreign objects, like rocks and so on….
- When the shank has boiled for 30 minutes add the peas..
- Let them boil about 90 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the pint of water and bring back to boil. Let it boil 10 minutes. Cover and let sit 15 minutes..
- Add rice to a bowl.
- Add black eyed peas to the bowl. If you want to add the hot vinegar sauce now is the time..
- I hope you enjoy!.