Mashed potato stuffed portabella. Today, I made sausage and garlic mashed potato stuffed portabella mushroom caps! Also, I roasted some sweet mini peppers. I've been dying to stuff something into a portabella ever since I saw Catherine's lucious-looking Portobellos Stuffed with Lentils, Stilton, & Walnuts last month.
Return potatoes to pot and mash till smooth. Place cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Add butter, salt, pepper, parmesan, and a splash of milk. You can have Mashed potato stuffed portabella using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mashed potato stuffed portabella
- Prepare 2 of portabella caps.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of shredded colby jack cheese.
- You need 1 large of egg.
Mash and add more milk gradually until the potatoes are the desired texture. A meat-and-potato lovers' delight—tasty meatloaf stuffed with cheesy mashed potatoes! MORE+ LESS Now, a mixture of mashed potatoes, wild rice, and fresh herbs have joined the scene. Stuffed into larger portabella caps, this is more of a fork-and-knife kind of stuffed mushroom recipe, not quite as poppable as a stuffed button mushroom.
Mashed potato stuffed portabella Instructions
- Peel and cube potatoes, boil until fork tender.
- Drizzle portabella caps with olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides, place in 400° oven for 5 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft, add in salt, pepper, butter, milk, and cheese, whip with beaters, then allow too cool.
- Once potatoes have cooled slightly add egg, and beat mixture together.
- Fill each portabella cap with the potato mixture, and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes..
- For a side, add in your favorite fresh veggie, note blanched asparagus in the picture. Serve and enjoy!.
I didn't serve mashed potatoes over hot dogs with cheese! Large portabella cap stuffed with sauteed veggies and topped with cheddar cheese – a meal in itself! Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Vegan Portabellas Stuffed with Pesto-Mashed Potatoes (from fatfreevegan.com) Calories. Mushrooms are stuffed with easy mashed potatoes for a different appetizer idea. This post has been created in partnership with Betty Crocker.