Crab stuffed Portabellas – version 1. These crab stuffed portobello mushrooms are a prime example of a decadent-yet healthy-meal that can come together with minimal effort. Portobellos may sound like a unique mushroom strain, but they are just a larger, mature version of cremini mushrooms. Categories: Stuffed Mushroom Recipes Parmesan Cheese Recipes Portobello Mushroom Crab Recipes Shellfish Recipes Appetizer Lunch Gluten Free.
Served as an hors d'oeuvre or a light main dish, these stuffed mushrooms are pretty and delicious. The texture of the filling was good. It was easy to put together in a short amount of time. You can cook Crab stuffed Portabellas – version 1 using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crab stuffed Portabellas – version 1
- You need 4 of portabella mushrooms.
- You need 1 lb. of crab meat.
- Prepare 1 c. of minced celery.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of minced onion.
- It’s 1/4 c. of parsely.
- It’s 1 1/2 c. of croutons.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt or to taste.
- It’s to taste of old bay seasoning or similar.
- You need 1 c. of fresh parmesan or sharp white cheese.
- Prepare 1 c. of seafood or vegetable broth.
I made these with Portobello mushrooms and served them as an entree. I added some red bell pepper. I didn't have any savory so I didn't include that but I did add a pinch of lemon pepper. Giant portobello mushrooms are stuffed with a savory combination of pepperoni, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
Crab stuffed Portabellas – version 1 Preparation
- Heat oven to 350° Rinse & remove stems from mushrooms. Place in large caserole dish with 1 cup of water in the bottom.
- Shred crabmeat, mince your ingredients and set aside..
- Heat large skillet and melt butter, add the onion & celery. Saute for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add broth & seasonings. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add croutons & crabmeat. Stir and saute till the luquid is absorbed. The mixture should pack nicely..
- Spoon stuffing onto each mushroom packing gently. Cover pan with foil & bake for 15 minutes..
- Remove foil & top each mushroom with cheese. Place back in the oven and broil till the cheese is golden & bubbly. ENJOY!.
For vegetarian version use chopped red pepper instead of the pepperoni. You'll love them because they can be made ahead; party goers will find them delicious. Be the first to review this recipe. With a small spoon, remove the gills of the Portobello mushrooms until they are smooth inside. Place them in an oiled baking dish.