4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes.
You can have 4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes
- You need 1 3/4 cup of beef broth (or 1 3/4 cup water plus 1 3/4 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base).
- It’s 2 of –3 pounds of beef chuck roast (frozen or thawed).
- You need 4 of –5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- You need 1 Tbsp of steak seasoning.
- Prepare of Optional: cornstarch and water for thickening the gravy.
4 Ingredient Frozen Instant Pot Roast and Potatoes step by step
- Pour the broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. If your roast is frozen, place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and then place the roast on top of the trivet. If your roast is thawed, you can place it directly in the bottom of the Instant Pot in the broth..
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button (high pressure) to 70 minutes for a 2 pound roast and 80 minutes for a 3 pound roast (add 10 minutes for each additional pound of roast). While the meat is cooking, prepare the potatoes. When the timer beeps perform a quick release, moving the valve from “sealing” to “venting.”.
- Open the lid and remove the trivet. Place the meat in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Season it with half of the steak seasoning. Add in the potatoes and season them with the rest of the steak seasoning. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Cook on manual (high pressure) for another 4 minutes. Let the pot sit for at least 10 minutes (up to 20 minutes for ultimate roast tenderness) after the timer beeps before releasing the pressure. Release the pressure.
- Scoop the vegetables and arrange on the sides of a platter. Slice or shred the meat and place on the middle of the platter. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Prepare the gravy by using the liquid left in the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to “saute.” Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water in a small bowl and then stir the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot. Whisk the mixture until it’s smooth. Continue whisking until the gravy is thickened. Serve gravy with the roast, potatoes and carrots..