Spinach and goat cheese stuffed mushrooms. Portabella Mushrooms stuffed with tangy goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and cooked spinach. A great appetizer option before Christmas Dinner or with a celebratory glass of champagne New Years Eve! I take stuffed mushrooms to new heights by using a flavorful filling of walnuts, spinach and goat cheese.
Meanwhile, place spinach and water in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl with large dinner plate (plate should completely cover bowl and not rest on Reduce heat to low and stir in reserved mushrooms, spinach, thyme, goat cheese, cream and walnuts. Clean mushrooms by wiping with wet paper towel. You can create Spinach and goat cheese stuffed mushrooms using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and goat cheese stuffed mushrooms
- You need 2 of (6oz) pkgs. mushrooms, stems removed and chopped, caps reserved.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cup of fresh spinach, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of (4oz.) pkg. goat cheese, crumbled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, divided.
Don't rinse under sink 'cause you don't want excess liquid. Remove stems by wiggling back and forth. Feed your need for cheese and mushrooms! Button mushrooms stuffed and baked to perfection.
Spinach and goat cheese stuffed mushrooms Step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F place caps in a large baking pan; set aside. in a skillet over medium heat, saute onion, garlic and mushroom stems in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until tender.Add fresh spinach and stir until wilted.Season with salt and pepper.Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool slightly.Add breadcrumbs, goat cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan until combined.Fill each mushroom top and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake filled mushroom cap for 20 minutes, our until cheese behind to brown.Refrigerate any leftovers..
Goat's-milk cheeses are typically lower in cholesterol, calories and fat—and higher in calcium—than cow's-milk ones. Here, creamy chèvre is stuffed in. Here, creamy chèvre is stuffed into antioxidant-rich mushrooms and topped with crispy herbed bread crumbs. Orzo with Spinach, Butternut Squash and Blue Cheese. Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing ingredients and place on the prepared baking sheet.