Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms.
You can create Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms using 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- You need 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
- It’s 1 packages of mushrooms.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 3 of green onions.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Preparation
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms. You should have a small hollowed out space in the mushroom where the stem used to be. Save 5 stems for stuffing mixture..
- Finely chop the mushroom stems you saved..
- Chop green onion in thin slices..
- Cook breakfast sausage in a frying pan until browned. (Make sausage crumbly.).
- Drain all of the grease off of the sausage..
- Put cooked sausage in a glass bowl large enough to mix..
- Add the package of cream cheese to the sausage while it is still warm so the cream cheese mixes easier..
- After the cream cheese and sausage are mixed add the chopped stems and green onion to the mixture and mix until all ingredients are evenly mixed..
- Using a spoon, fill the mushrooms with the stuffing mixture..
- Place all of the filled mushrooms in a pan with a metal rack and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until stuffing has browned. (You don't have to use a rack, but it lets the juice from the mushrooms fall in the pan underneath.).
- Remove mushrooms from oven after fully cooked and let them rest for 3 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy! (Try using bacon instead of sausage!).