Spicy Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms *. Next, stick the chopped spinach in a strainer or colander and run water over it to thaw it, breaking it apart as you go. Then squeeze (you can be violent) as much of the liquid out of the spinach as you can. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture on top of the dip stuffed mushrooms.
It's Mexi meets spinach and artichoke dip. They are also hand-held, meaning easily snackable. Fill the mushroom caps with the spinach mixture, and replace into the muffin pan. You can make Spicy Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms * using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms *
- It’s 24 large of fresh button mushrooms (1 and a half to 2 inches in diameter).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 8 oz of Spicy bulk Italian sausage.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of finely chopped red sweet pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of fine bread crumbs.
I used this recipe when I was in a culinary-arts program and had to prepare an entire buffet by myself. Spinach-Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe – Low Carb Gluten Free. I made stuffed mushrooms which are healthier.
Spicy Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms * Preparation
- Preheat oven to 425F, rinse and drain mushrooms, remove stems; set aside. Step.
- In a large skillet, cook chopped stems, sausage, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is brown, stir in spinach until wilted, stir in parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, remove from heat, spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps, place on a greased baking sheet. Step.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until stuffing is brown and mushrooms are tender, remove, cool, and enjoy!.
You might ask where do you see cauliflower on the photos? I used orange colored cauliflower in these Cauliflower And Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms, that's why. I like orange, purple and green colored cauliflower every time I see it at a farmer's market. These cheesy spinach stuffed mushrooms are, according to my mushroom-enthusiast husband, the best stuffed mushrooms I've ever made. I personally love all my stuffed mushroom recipes equally (I basically have one for every type of craving!) but this man plays favorites and this. is. it.