Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms. When cleaning mushrooms, don't run them under water. They are like little sponges, and will absorb it; just wipe them clean with a damp towel. The filling can be made with fresh, canned, or imitation crabmeat.
They are easy to prepare and delicious for your holiday entertaining. To make these simple crab stuffed mushrooms you need crab meat, lemons, piquante peppers, mayonnaise, chives, and green onions. Crab Stuffed mushrooms are really easy to make! You can have Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms
- Prepare 1-2 of fresh crab meat, canned, or plastic tub (depending on how much you want and how many mushrooms) lump crab meat, special crab meat or claw. you can also use fresh steamed crab meat.
- You need 1 packages of to 2 of fresh Portobello mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of butter (you want to give the mushrooms a bit of a butter flavor, with the seasonings.).
- Prepare 1 of old bay.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of garlic. powder or fresh.
- You need 1 of regular mustard or Dijon (you don't want a lot of this, just a small amount).
- You need 1 of mayonnaise (you want to use just enough to have a nice consistently. Don't over do it. Add a little at a time).
- You need 1 of onion diced if you prefer (you don't need a full onion).
- You need 1 of celery diced (you don't need much).
Use a damp paper towel to clean the outside of the mushrooms. These easy peasy crab stuffed mushrooms make an awesome holiday appetizer, perfect for your next party! These crowd-pleasing seafood stuffed mushrooms can be made the previous day and baked up to bubbly perfection just before serving. They're quick, easy, and crazy delicious!
Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms Instructions
- Open the crab meat. go through it to check for shells if you bought pre picked lump crab. if you are using fresh steamed crab pick through. put crab meat into a bowl and set aside in the fridge covered.
- Dice onion, garlic if using fresh and celery if your using these..
- Cut out the stems of the mushrooms. you can also chop the stems finely to add into the crab meat if you like..
- Rinse or just clean the mushrooms. some people like to wipe them but I rinse clean.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Heat a frying pan with butter pepper old bay and garlic. eyeball it. don't add to much spice unless you want these spicy as you will be adding additional spice later.
- Put the mushroom caps in the frying pan. saute them for about 10 to 20 minutes. turning them over a few times. you want some of the flavors to get into the mushrooms. you can cook longer or shorter if you like.
- Pull out mushrooms and set on a plate. reserve liquid from the frying pan.
- Pull out crab meat and anything else you are adding into the mix..
- Add mayonnaise mustard and spices into the crab meat. mix well. don't make it to runny. you want this thick.
- Scoop crab mix into each mushroom cap. I usually add in the left over butter and garlic from the frying pan, but I didn't have much left so I added butter. You can use something else instead of butter..
- Get a casserole dish or a tin pan..
- Add the reserved liquid to the bottom of the pan. place mushrooms on top of liquid..
- Sprinkle old bay on top. bake covered for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Pull out the caps and remove foil. bake for additional time depending on your taste. I like mine to be a bit brown on top. I just watch them constantly to keep them from burning.
- Serve and enjoy.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect easy appetizer to serve at your next party. They are simple to make, but impressive enough to serve guests. Can stuffed mushrooms be made ahead of time? These Crab Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms from Delish.com are the perfect party appetizers. Everyone loves a good stuffed mushroom.