Black eyed pea salad. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, canola oil, sugar, and salt and pepper. This black-eyed pea salad a Greek-inspired side dish I've done in various forms over the years. I love black-eyed peas because they cook very fast and need no pre-soaking the way a lot of regular beans do.
You DON'T need to soak them overnight, nor do you need to cook them for two hours. This Easy Black-Eyed Pea Salad is perfect for New Year's – but will also bring rave reviews at picnics, potlucks and family get-togethers! Black-eyed peas a "must" for New Year's. You can have Black eyed pea salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black eyed pea salad
- Prepare 1 of big can black eyed peas.
- You need 4-5 of grape tomatoes diced.
- It’s 1/4 of cucumber diced.
- It’s 5-6 of baby carrots diced.
- It’s of About a palm full walnuts crunched.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper diced.
- Prepare of Salt to liking.
- It’s of Black pepper to taste 3-4 tbs olive oil or flax oil.
- You need 3 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of full brown sugar.
Let's just say we felt a little out of place, and when New Year's rolled around that first year, there were more strange things to. PIN Black-Eyed Pea Salad to try it later! You might be looking at the introduction to this recipe and wondering why I'm talking about Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Peppers, Cilantro, and Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette when New Year's Day is still more than a week away, but at my house the holiday. Black-eyed peas are not just for New Years!
Black eyed pea salad step by step
- Drain the peas rinse lightly and put them in a bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix them together.
- Enjoy (καλή όρεξη).
They are delicious little white beans with a mild taste and smooth texture, and as such can and should be enjoyed year-round. This simple, refreshing bean salad recipe makes a great summer side or potluck dish. Black-Eyed Pea Salad is not limited to the ingredients listed above, nor are you required to use all of the ingredients above in your own rendition. Want to make this Black-Eyed Pea Salad a little more savory? Give it some Mediterranean flare with some Feta Cheese and/or sliced olives.