Karamani Sundal / Black Eyed Peas Sundal.
You can cook Karamani Sundal / Black Eyed Peas Sundal using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Karamani Sundal / Black Eyed Peas Sundal
- You need 1 cup of Karamani / Black Eyed Peas.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urad Daal / black gram.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida / hing.
- Prepare 2-3 of Dry Red Chillies.
- Prepare 1 of Green Chilli chopped (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated fresh coconut.
- It’s 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as required of Waterto cook the karamani.
Karamani Sundal / Black Eyed Peas Sundal instructions
- Wash the karamani and soak them for 3-4 hours and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Heat oil in a pan, add Urad dal, mustard seeds and let it crackle..
- Add curry leaves, dry red chillies, green chilli, Asafoetida and saute for a min..
- Add grated coconut and saute for a min..
- Add the boiled black eyed peas, roasted cumin powder and mix well..
- Saute for about 3-5 mins and take off the heat..
- Serve it as a prasadam or a healthy tea time snacks. Enjoy.