Garlic Spiced Yam Air Fries.
You can cook Garlic Spiced Yam Air Fries using 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garlic Spiced Yam Air Fries
- It’s of For the yams.
- Prepare of yams (sweet potato) (should be 2 cups after being cut into julians).
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- Prepare of For the spice mix.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of chilli flakes (+/- 1/2 to adjust spice).
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of green chillies (+/- 1 to adjust spice).
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Garlic Spiced Yam Air Fries step by step
- Julian cut the yams.
- Bring water to boil in a vessel.
- Add the Julian cut yams in the vessel and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Strain out excess water and shock the yams with cold water to stop further cooking.
- Place the yams in a bowl, sprinkle some salt.
- Wrap them up in a towel or a paper towel and place the bowl in the freezer for 12-15 minutes. (This step is important because the freezer reduces moisture in the yams).
- While our yams are freezing, let’s start making the spice mix for them.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the spice.
- When the yams are cold enough take them out, in case you do not have an air fryer but have an oven skip to step number 16.
- Place the yams in the air fryer at 370 for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes when you pull them out, they should be almost cooked, throw them in the bowl with the spice mix.
- Move them around in the bowl until all the spice mix has been stuck to the yams along with the olive oil.
- Place the yams in the fryer again and run it for 5 more minutes.
- In case your yams are still not crispy enough, toss them around to air them and put them again for another 2 minutes in the air fryer.
- If you are using the air fryer this is the last step of this recipe for you, savour the flavour.
- If you are using the oven, ensure it is preheated to 420 for at least 15 minutes..
- First mix the frozen yams in the spice mix and then place them on baking sheets.
- Place them in the oven at 420, for 25 mins (keep checking to avoid burnt fries).
- If the fries are not as crispy as you expect, keep them for 5 minutes longer.