Courgette and Honey Muffins. Sometimes life gets a little hectic, sometimes it gets a lot hectic and sometimes I find I am juggling so many things that all I want to In another bowl add the drained courgette, whisked eggs, mint essence and honey. Use a wooden spoon to mix together well. These savoury muffins make a tasty snack – ideal for hungry kids, home from school.
Squeeze the grated courgettes by hand to drain the excess moisture and pat dry. Put the raisins in a saucepan with the juice and honey and bring to Fold in the grated courgettes, drained sultanas and orange zest. My kids absolutely loved these chocolate courgette muffins. You can have Courgette and Honey Muffins using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Courgette and Honey Muffins
- It’s 75 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 100 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, zest and juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 250 grams of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need pinch of of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of grated courgette.
- It’s of raisins.
- You need of chopped nuts.
- Prepare of honey.
None of them, not even the picky eater, detected the hidden vegetable here – the grated courgette. These muffins are sweetened with mashed banana and honey. Honey is of course still sugar. These courgette muffins are a great healthy breakfast.
Courgette and Honey Muffins Step by step
- To start preheat your oven to 180°F or gas mark 4. Line your muffin tray placing it to the side ready for later..
- In a bowl, whisk your Olive oil, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice plus the cinnamon untill the mixture apears light and fluffy..
- Fold in the Sieved flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and baking powder.
- Tip the courgette, nuts/raisins into the mixture and swirl, to evenly distribute them..
- bake for 25-30 minutes or untill a skewers comes out clean..
- Spoon some honey into a microwaveable container, set the microwave to mid heat/half and heat the honey for 30-40 seconds stirring occasionally..
- Drizzle the honey of the hot/warm muffins and add any left over nuts/raisins..
- Enjoy warm or cold.
Wrap the grated courgette in a clean tea towel and wring out to remove the excess water. I love baking and have regularly made cakes, muffins and bread. Seeing I was making these for the first time I followed the recipe, from the BSD book and even measured and. Find out how to make cheesy courgette muffins at Tesco Real Food today. Stir until all the ingredients are combined, but children shouldn't mix too much as the muffins might end up tough.