Fried zucchini and squash pasta. Make fried squash or zucchini with my blue ribbon winning recipe and discover how good this Southern dish can be! You and your family will love this. Place squash in skillet and fry both sides of squash until golden brown.
Learn how to make fried zucchini and squash the healthy way with this recipe! Squash + Zucchini: the recipe says to julienne the squash and zucchini. This simply means to cut them into thin strands (for this recipe, you want I've made zucchini spaghetti where it totally replaces the pasta and that was good because of the lovely sauce but this would be more family-friendly. You can cook Fried zucchini and squash pasta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried zucchini and squash pasta
- It’s 1 of green zucchini.
- You need 1 of yellow squash.
- It’s 1 packages of spaghetti noodles.
- It’s 2 of Jars spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare 1 packages of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of basil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil.
Zucchini and summer squash are totally interchangeable when it comes to gratins. Keep it simple with a crispy breadcrumb and Parm topping, or go for It's wonderful hot or cold, on its own, spooned over pasta or grains, topped with a fried egg, and so much more. Make it with any type of summer squash. Add the pasta and stir to prevent sticking.
Fried zucchini and squash pasta Preparation
- Cook and Drain noodles. Preheat oven to 350.
- In med. bowl beat milk and egg together and set aside..
- On a plate combine flour and seasonings and mix together..
- Cut up zucchini and squash in chips and dip in the egg mixture then coat in the flour mixture. Repeat until all pieces are coated..
- In skillet heat oil. Fry zucchini and squash chips until crispy on both sides. Repeat until gone..
- Combine one jar of sauce with the noodles and pour into a baking dish..
- Pour second jar of sauce over the top and layer with alternating zucchini and squash chips. Top with cheese and bake until melted..
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Summer squash is thriving, so right now is the time to get cooking! These Parmesan Baked Squash And Zucchini Spears are so easy to make and are a great, healthy, and clean snack or dinner side. Zucchini and yellow squash are cut into uniform pieces, and sealed into a foil packet with butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place the zucchini, and squash on a large sheet of aluminum foil, and dot with butter.