You can have Shortbread Cookies using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shortbread Cookies
- You need 1 Cup of softened butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla.
Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together and set aside..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until the mixture turns to a pale color. Add vanilla extract and mix further..
- Add in the flour in three additions and mix between the additions until a soft dough is formed..
- Remove the dough from the bowl onto a floured surface and gather it together with your hands. Roll it gently and cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter..
- Bake in the preheated oven for between 15 and 20 minutes until the edges turn light brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on a rack. Enjoy..