Kale and zucchini salad. This easy Grilled Zucchini Ribbon and Kale Salad is perfect for a starter at a dinner party, or main salads if you wanted to add grilled chicken or shrimp! The salad was simply avocado and lemon massaged into fresh kale until it softened. We topped it with all the goods – tempeh, roasted vegetables, sauerkraut – but oddly enough, I was most excited about the salad beneath it all.
Add olive oil, onion and zucchini into a large pan (use one with a lid because you'll need it later). Saute over medium high heat until starting to lightly brown. Toss to coat and cook until slightly softened. You can make Kale and zucchini salad using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kale and zucchini salad
- It’s 1 large of onion( sliced).
- It’s 1 of yellow squash( cut into bite size pieces).
- It’s 1 of green zucchini (cut into bite size pieces).
- It’s 1 small of bunch of young carrots( cut into rounds).
- It’s 1 bunch of of kale.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped thyme.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
Add vinegar, toss well and cover the pan. This Kale and Zucchini Salad is a very simple salad designed to address your salad fix, while also making you feel good about eating some of the healthiest foods on the planet. It's packed with antioxidants, fiber, anti-inuflammatory agents, and other nutrients that will set you up for the week, while also tasting really really good. Remove from oven and let cool.
Kale and zucchini salad Instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in large skillet, add onion, cook until softened..
- Add carrots and cook for 5more minutes..
- Add squash and zucchini and cook until just softened..
- Add honey and thyme, mix well and transfer cooked veggies to a large bowl..
- To the same skillet add second tbsp of oil and add chopped kale..
- When kale wilted add salt and pepper, mix well and transfer to the bowl with previously cooked veggies..
- Add tbsp of balsamic vinegar, mix well. Check for seasoning if more salt and pepper is needed. Enjoy..
For the dressing, add basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt to a blender and blend until the basil is in small flecks. Stir in kale and continue to cook until kale is wilted and tender. Zucchini noodles are tossed with ribbons of kale, sun-dried tomatoes and a pesto-like dressing for a simple but sturdy summertime salad. The sun is shining and summer squash season is in full swing, which means zucchini noodles are on heavy rotation at my house at the moment. Put kale, cabbage, apple, radish and almonds in a large bowl.