Zucchini and chickpea hummus. Add some more flavor and nutrition to your hummus with one special addition—zucchini! – Zucchini and Chickpea Hummus Recipe – RV at BellaOnline. I'll admit, when it comes to making hummus, the recipes I like to make could be considered pretty plain Jane. The most exotic ingredient I usually.
It's properly combined for better digestion, Paleo-friendly, oil-free, and tastes. Super easy hummus from zucchini & tahini!! Ετοιμο σε μολισ πεντε λεπτα! The Best Hummus Without Chickpeas Recipes on Yummly You can cook Zucchini and chickpea hummus using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini and chickpea hummus
- You need 1 can of hick peas ( drained and rinsed, 1/4 cup of water reserved).
- You need 1 of large zucchini.
- You need 1/3 cup of tahini.
- You need 1 of lemon, juiced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 large of garlic clove.
Edamame Hummus, Edamame Hummus, Provencal White Bean Hummus. Holiday Hummus Arugula & Roasted Garlic White Bean Hummus with PomegranateNo Spoon Necessary. Zucchini Hummus is on the menu today! Grilling the zucchini gives the zucchini hummus an earthy smoky flavor which I especially love.
Zucchini and chickpea hummus Preparation
- Cut zucchini into chunks (skin on or off, your preference).
- Put all ingredients into blender or food processor, I used Ninja and blend until smooth. Add reserved water from can as needed..
- Try if it needs little more salt or lemon juice, if so add it and give few more pulses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, best overnight. Serve with veggies and pita chips for dipping.
- I added finely chopped roasted peppers as that's my favorite addition to hummus. You can add olives, pine nuts, cilantro…. However you like your store bought hummus.
Lighter than chickpea hummus, less intense than baba ganouje (sorry, I cannot spell). In original chickpea hummus, the chickpeas are cooked beforehand. I'm wondering if the zucchini could be steamed first. I haven't eaten raw zucchini Danielle, No the zucchini does not have to be cooked first. Though you are absolutely right about the chickpeas, they must always be precooked.