Lobia – The Black Eyed Peas.
You can have Lobia – The Black Eyed Peas using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lobia – The Black Eyed Peas
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Lobia (Black Eyed Peas).
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Finely Chopped Onion.
- It’s 2 of Red Whole Chillies.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- You need 2 of Tomato purée.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Red Chilli paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chopped Coriander.
- Prepare For of Tadka -.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1-2 of chopped Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1/4 of Sliced Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s as required of chopped coriander leaves.
Lobia – The Black Eyed Peas step by step
- Soak lobia for at least 4-6 hours. It will always double in size after soaking. Now lobia in the pressure cooker, add 3-4 cups of water, salt and take 3 whistles. Open the pressure cooker, discard water and keep them in a strainer..
- Take oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cumin seeds and sauté for a while. Now add chopped onion and sauté until golden brown. Now add whole red chillies. Now add tomato purée, ginger garlic paste and mix well. Add salt as per your taste, red chilli powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium flame..
- Now add boiled Lobia and mix it well. Add 1 cup of water, mix well, cover it with lid and cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame. Now add garam masala, chopped coriander and mix it well. Cook until you reach the desired consistency. Now take out in a serving bowl..
- Now take 1 Tbsp ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, garlic, sliced onion, Kashmiri red chilli powder, chopped coriander and mix well and pour this Tadka over lobia..
- Now your Lobia is ready, serve it well & enjoy the taste..