Black Eyed Peas Balls.
You can cook Black Eyed Peas Balls using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Eyed Peas Balls
- Prepare of A. Black Eyed Peas.
- You need 3 C of soaked and boiled.
- Prepare of B. Finely Minced.
- You need 1 of medium size brown onion.
- Prepare 1 of big red chillies or few bird eyed chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare of C. Seasonings and extras.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely minced herb (any kind – optional).
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of chicken bouillon / chicken seasoning powder.
- You need of D. As needed- Cheese for stuffing (optional).
- You need of E. Final coating.
- You need 2 of eggs – beaten.
- You need 1 C of panko / bread crumbs.
Black Eyed Peas Balls instructions
- A – Soak 200 g (will make around 3 cups of tender peas once soaked) black eyed peas for few hours or overnight. Once soaked, cook 3 cups of peas until soft. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until almost fine. No water needed to pulse if using food processor. Alternatively, soft cooked peas can be mashed using potato masher too. Keep aside..
- B – Finely mince brown onions and chillies. Sauté with 1-2 tbsp of oil until translucent..
- Combine and mix A, B and C. It should be doughy. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Take a small portion of this peas dough and shape into a small ball. Shape by hand or use a piece of clean and clear plastic to squeeze it round. See pic. If using cheese sticks, cut them small. Take a tbsp or less of peas dough. Flatten it and place cheese at the center, seal and shape into ball..
- E – In a wok or deep sauce pan, heat enough oil for deep frying. Roll each ball in beaten eggs and coat evenly in bread crumbs. Turn the heat to medium low and fry until balls are lightly browned. TIPS 👉🏻 For a crispier balls, once fried, leave to cool and then place in a preheated oven at 160°C for few minutes. The outer layer of These balls will stay nice and crisp even after cooled. Cool completely before storing in any bowl with lid..
- Serve with homemade sauce or just tomato ketchup and creamy mayonnaise..