Black eyed peas curry.
You can have Black eyed peas curry using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black eyed peas curry
- You need 2 cups of black eyed peas.
- It’s 1 cup of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomao.
- It’s 4-5 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 cup of dill.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 6-8 tsp of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
Black eyed peas curry step by step
- Soak 2 cups of dried black eyed peas in 4 cups of water for about 4-6 hours..
- After 6 hours boil the soaked black eyed peas adding 4 cups of water and 1 tsp salt. It may take 20 minutes to cook the peas. You can also use pressure cooker for boiling the peas. In pressure cooker on high flame cook until get one whistle. Please don't overcook to maintain the nutrients..
- Take a pan and heat oil. Now add chopped onion and green chilli..
- Fry onion and green chilli for 2-3 minutes then add salt. Remember we already added salt while boiling the peas so add as required. Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/2 cup tomato..
- Then add 2 tsp garam masala and cook for 5minutes. Get the consistency as in the picture below..
- Now add the boiled black eyed peas along with the boiled water. Then add 1 cup chopped dill. Mix everything well and cover the pan with lid. Cook for 3 minutes..
- Now black eyed peas curry is ready to be served. Serve it with chapathi or hot jowar roti..