Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie.
You can have Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie
- Prepare 2 1/2 of # Whole Sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 sticks of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of homemade vanilla extract. (1 large bottle 80 proof Moonshine, a good quantity of scraped vanilla sticks, steeped for 1-2 months.) Or, store-bought.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whole milk.
- You need 2 of prepared, uncooked pie crusts.
Sandy's Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350f..
- Boil unpeeled Sweet Potatoes for about 40 minutes..
- Strain, cool, peel, and place in a paddle mixer..
- Slowy mix until smooth and then add the butter..
- Blend in the butter and when well mixed, add the remaining ingredients..
- Blend until smooth and mixed..
- Pour into uncooked pie crust shells..
- Put into a preheated oven and cook for 57 minutes..
- Check for doneness cooking longer if needed, all depends on your oven..
- Remove from the oven to cool..
- When ready to serve, we like a good shot of Whipped Cream..