Zucchini Boats. In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. There are so many ways to change up these zucchini boats! This is a bit of an Italian version with the Italian sausage, tomatoes, breadcrumbs and cheeses.
To make zucchini boats, simply scoop the flesh out of the zucchini halves and stuff them with a filling of your choice. You have a meal, and a creative way to use up all the zucchini in your garden. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. You can have Zucchini Boats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- You need 1 pound of ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional).
- You need 8 oz of (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional).
- It’s 6 of medium zucchini.
- It’s 1 cup of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded.
- It’s 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash.
Crumble sausage into a small skillet; add onion and celery. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let heat through.
Zucchini Boats Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well).
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon..
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
Cheesesteak Zucchini Boats Bring on the pepps. Loaded Stuffed Zucchini You won't even miss the potato in this loaded low-carb dish.. Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to enjoy your fresh summer zucchini! Tender zucchini filled with a silky meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until tender. Serve this easy dish with a side salad and garlic bread for the perfect family meal!