Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin. This gratin is the perfect way to use up an abundance of summer squash. Zucchini and yellow squash are low in calories with a low glycemic index. Both squashes are a good source of Slowly stir in Parmesan then add zucchini and yellow squash and cook for a few more minutes.
Add zucchini, squash and heavy cream. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Made this with yellow squash because that was on sale, and half provolone cheese. You can have Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here you go how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow squash.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream or whole milk.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper, divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly shredded gouda cheese.
The garlic and shallot combination is subtle, but compliments My husband hate zucchini and yellow squash and to my happy surprise told me he loves this dish!! I used skim milk instead of heavy cream and it came. Potatoes au gratin, potato gratin, scalloped potatoes au gratin, gratin potatoes, potatoes gratin — these are all names used to describe the same For this recipe, I used tricolor fingerling potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat's milk, sheep's milk pecorino romano and grass-fed butter to create a. An easy zucchini au gratin recipe that's keto friendly and takes just minutes to prepare.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Au Gratin Step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8" baking pan and set it aside..
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, then slice them into coins about 1/4" thick. Place them into a bowl and season them with 1/4 tsp each salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Once it's melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Then pour in the cream (or milk) and whisk in the cornstarch, the onion powder and 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper and chives. Allow this to come to a simmer and simmer until thickened…just about 2-3 minutes. Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese..
- Lay out the squash in the prepared baking pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the gouda evenly over the top..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the squash is fork tender. Switch your oven to broil and let the cheese brown for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, then serve..
It's a healthier alternative to the high carb potato recipes. A traditional au gratin dish is topped with breadcrumbs, along with cheese. Then it's cooked until perfectly golden brown. Zucchini & Yellow Squash Au GratinSmall Town Woman. Zucchini Yellow Squash and Quinoa CasseroleFrom a Chef's Kitchen.