Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto. Zucchini noodles (or zoodles as I like to call them), are my favorite thing to make with a spiralizer. Zucchini is soft enough to cut into perfect spirals, and its neutral flavor makes it great as a pasta substitute! And when topped with creamy avocado pesto…perfection.
Avocado Pesto with Zucchini Pasta Avocado Pesto with Zucchini Pasta. Used three HUGE zucchini and still had at least half of the pesto left over though. Step One – The Zucchini Noodles. You can cook Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here you go how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of ripe avocado.
- Prepare Handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 15 pieces of fresh oregano leaves.
- You need 60 g of pine nuts.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- You need 100 g of parmesan cheese for topping.
Slice off the top and bottom of the zucchini. Then, using a mandolin with a julienne attachment or a julienne peeler, slice into thin pasta-like strips and set aside. In a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, avocado, garlic, lemon juice and sea salt. Zucchini noodles with avocado cream sauce makes a perfect side dish or light meal for summer.
Zucchini pasta with avocado pesto Preparation
- With a veggie peeler slice the zucchini diagonally into thin slices. Then cut them diagonally again into spaghetti size strips. Of course if you have veggie spiralizer you are free to use it instead.
- Put a little olive oil in a pan and fry the zucchini with a pinch of salt until cooked. Keep it warm..
- Make the avocado pesto: put the peeled avocado and olive oil,pine nuts, the fresh herbs,lemon juice and salt and pepper into a food mixer and mix it to a smooth paste..
- Serve the zucchini spaghetti with the avocado pesto and top it with the parmesan. Let me know if you re-created this recipe :D.
Save the remaining pesto for another time or use it as a sandwich spread. Zucchini Pasta Shrimp with creamy avocado pesto sauce. This zoodles-with-avocado-pesto recipe is quick and perfect for summer. Zucchini noodles with shrimp can be made vegan, with shrimp, or with chicken. Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post.