Split Pea Soup.
You can cook Split Pea Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Split Pea Soup
- It’s 1 Bag of Split Peas.
- You need 2 of Onions.
- You need 2 of Green Onions.
- Prepare 4 of Chilis (or any pepper).
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Baked Sweet Potato.
- Prepare of Canola oil.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- You need of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Seasoned Salt.
- It’s of Parsley Flakes.
Split Pea Soup instructions
- Set the oven for 400 F, wrap the sweet potato in foil and bake 40 minutes. Simultaneously, wash beans and veggies. Chop vegetables roughly. Appearance isn’t really a factor here..
- Put some canola oil in a pan and begin sautéing the vegetables until they get a little color. Season Generously. Add in the ham..
- I added 3 Liters of water to the pot. Surely you could use vegetable broth. Bring this to a low boil for a good hour and a half, uncovered. The liquid will reduce and the flavors will intensify. The meat will also start becoming more tender. Stir occasionally..
- After the ham has had its time to boil, add in the split peas. Peel and chop the sweet potato and add it to the party. Continue to simmer for another 2 hours or so. Stir occasionally..
- After a couple hours, you’ll notice your split peas becoming less noticeable. The soup will have thickened up considerably. Remove the ham from the soup and begin to separate it from the bone. Reserve. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Empty it into a large bowl and repeat until all soup is blended. Pour the blended soup from the bowl back into the pot. Put the separated ham back in the pot. The soup is now ready to serve..
- Garnish with parsley flakes and call it an evening..