Gingerbread Man with Royal Icing.
You can cook Gingerbread Man with Royal Icing using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gingerbread Man with Royal Icing
- Prepare of Cookies:.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 6 tbsp (85 gr) of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of molases.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Royal icing:.
- Prepare 110 gr of icing sugar.
- Prepare 8 gr of meringue powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (or almond or lemon).
- Prepare 30-35 ml of warm water.
Gingerbread Man with Royal Icing instructions
- Preheat oven at 375°F (190°C).
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves. Sift and set aside.
- Using hand mixer with medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. add the egg in and continue mixing until combined..
- Add in molases and vanilla extract, keep mixing with medium speed until combined..
- Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix until no visible flour. Put the cookie dough inside a clingwrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1hour..
- Let the dough out from the fridge, and roll the dough on lightly flour countertop. Roll until about ¼inch thick and cut the dough using gingerbread man mold..
- Put on a baking tray and bake for 8-10minutes. Let cool..
- Royal icing: combine icing sugar, meringue powder, extract, and 30ml warm water in a medium bowl. Using hand mixer with high speed beat until stiff. If the icing too thick, add about 1tsp warm water and continue mixing for 1minute. Divide the icing and add food coloring. The icing is ready to use..
- Decorate the cookies with royal icing and set aside until the icing is hardened..